Posted by REED
Location: Portsmouth, Great Britain
Structure:permanent, full time Up to 40 hours pw
Package: GBP £27000
Description: Added by REED -
An excellent consultancy based in Portsmouth is currently looking for an experienced Transport Planner to support their Transport Planning team during an exciting period of growth.
Qualifications,Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualification in relevant area (geography/planning etc.)
- At least 2-3 years transport planning experience, ideally working towards membership of professional organisation
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance & awareness of relevant local planning policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to respond efficiently to demands at a high standard
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritise workload, work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
Role Specific Requirements
- Lead and manage small – medium sized projects, including budget and time management, delegating where appropriate
- Occasional management of large projects where appropriate in absence of senior staff and occasional training/advice to other staff
- Write and occasionally check Transport Assessments/Statements, Technical Notes, Travel Plans, Access Appraisals etc.
- Good understanding of modelling packages, and methodologies to calculate trip generation and distributions
- Ability to complete planning drawings such as Visibility Splays, Tracking Diagrams etc.
- Undertake site visits independently and provide professional opinions accordingly, particularly to inform scheme development at early stages of projects
- Attendance at Public Consultation events, project team/client meetings, appeal meetings & Local Highway Authority meetings
- Preparation of Appeal documentation such as Statement of Case & Statement of Common Ground
- Client liaison & management
- Development of good personal and company working relationships with architects/planners/local highways officers
Date added: 14/02/2019
Listed to: 14/03/2019
Tips for Interviewing for this Position:
Advice for those looking for employment:
"Follow-up, keep records. No matter what searching tactics chosen, follow-up and making sure you keep tabs are crucial for getting that job. Those who don't store this info probably lose useful contacts, likewise plausibility with prospective companies."
Jobs on other Jobs Boards:
It may be nice to have: