Posted by REED
Description: Added by REED -
An excellent consultancy based in Portsmouth is currently looking for an experienced Transport Planner to support their Transport Planning team during an exciting period of growth.
Qualifications,Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualification in relevant area (geography/planning etc.)
- At least 2-3 years transport planning experience, ideally working towards membership of professional organisation
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance & awareness of relevant local planning policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to respond efficiently to demands at a high standard
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritise workload, work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
Role Specific Requirements
- Lead and manage small – medium sized projects, including budget and time management, delegating where appropriate
- Occasional management of large projects where appropriate in absence of senior staff and occasional training/advice to other staff
- Write and occasionally check Transport Assessments/Statements, Technical Notes, Travel Plans, Access Appraisals etc.
- Good understanding of modelling packages, and methodologies to calculate trip generation and distributions
- Ability to complete planning drawings such as Visibility Splays, Tracking Diagrams etc.
- Undertake site visits independently and provide professional opinions accordingly, particularly to inform scheme development at early stages of projects
- Attendance at Public Consultation events, project team/client meetings, appeal meetings & Local Highway Authority meetings
- Preparation of Appeal documentation such as Statement of Case & Statement of Common Ground
- Client liaison & management
- Development of good personal and company working relationships with architects/planners/local highways officers
Date added: 14/02/2019
Listed Until: 14/03/2019
Location: Portsmouth, Great Britain
Structure: permanent, full time Up to 40 hours pw
Package: GBP £27000
Tips for Interviewing for this Position:
Advice for those looking for employment:
"Follow-up and record keeping. No matter what job search strategies you use, follow-up and record keeping are important for a successful outcome. Maintain a detailed record of all interviews completed, thank-you notes sent out, referrals made and follow-ups. Job seekers who fail to maintain this information often lose valuable contacts as well as credibility with prospective employers."
External Portsmouth Jobs:
It may be nice to have: