Info about this full time permanent job role in London listed by Thomas Cook with last applications by February 22nd '19
Description: Uploaded by Thomas Cook -
Over 175 years ago, our founder Thomas Cook began this company with a vision to ‘broaden the mind of others and break down the partition walls of prejudice.'
Once describing himself as ‘the willing and devoted servant of the travelling public,’ Thomas Cook was a true pioneer of the travel industry, opening up a world of new destinations and new travel experiences to everyone. By obtaining the best services and prices for his customers, he laid the foundations of the company that still bears his name today.
Thomas Cook is now one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, supported by around 22,000 colleagues and operating from 15 countries.
Our vision today remains true to Thomas Cook’s ambitions - to be the world’s most loved holiday company.
The Senior UX Researcher is responsible for designing and executing UX research and interpreting resulting insights to foster a deep understanding of Thomas Cook customer and user needs. The role builds a rich view of users and customers to inform product design and optimisation. The senior role takes a broad view of customer insight across One Digital, supporting the Head of UX and Design in promoting the value of user experience, research solutions and coaching other team members.
• Design, commission and execute research and insight studies to foster a deep understanding of Thomas Cook customer and user needs
• Interpret research, data and insights to enable development of intuitive customer experiences for customers and other users of Thomas Cook digital products
• Ensure learnings and conclusions are clearly documented and communicated
• Develop and maintain an archive of research and insights for Thomas Cook
• Develop a playbook of research techniques and analysis methods
• Deeply understand users and advocate for them with internal teams
• Champion use of research, data and insights to drive decisions
• Proactively identifies where UX Research can add value to the digital products
• Stay current on UX research best practices and supports upskilling of others
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Expert understanding of UX Research goals, processes, tools and techniques
• Practical experience designing and leading UX research studies and initiatives
• Contributed insights that tangibly contributed to business outcomes
• Produce actionable insights to steer development of product features
• Interpret and apply data, research and insight to inform designs and decisions
• Data literate and able to synthesise multiple insights from different sources
• Commitment to quality and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Good knowledge of agile Scrum methodology and practices
• Extensive background working as a UX Researcher in agile digital teams
• Experience and knowledge of travel and hospitality industry
• Evidence of presenting at meet-ups and other external UX events
• Experience of managing, developing and coaching junior team members
Technical / professional qualifications:
• Evidence attendance/completion of UX/CX training courses and conferences
Life at Thomas Cook is fast-paced and full of opportunities. We’re a leading international travel company that believes in empowering our people, so when you join us, you’ll be given the chance to create, learn and innovate. You’ll also be given the support and training you need to develop your career in the direction you choose.
As you might expect, our holiday benefits are something special. We’ll give you an allowance towards your holiday every year, depending on how long you’ve been with us. There are also special last minute employee deals, which give you the opportunity to pick up a holiday at an outstanding price. Working for Thomas Cook, you can travel the world for less.
We also offer a flexible benefits package that gives you a range of options to ensure your benefits match your lifestyle.
Posted on: 11/01/2019
Applications Until: 22/02/2019
Location: London, UK
Employment Type: permanent, full time 35-40 hours per week
Salary: GBP £negotiable
Job Hunting Tips:
"Seek out roles on various websites. Start a chat with people that you have not spoken with in a long time. Maybe try to ask to find out if they know a company looking for staff."
Jobs on other Boards:
Popular Interview Questions: