Posted by Vitality
Description: Added by Vitality -
Vitality, Pricing & Underwriting Governance Manager, 15 month FTC , Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
The role of our Pricing & Underwriting Governance Manager will to govern the PMI pricing and underwriting processes to ensure that system and underwriter generated prices are as expected, and to develop and maintain Individual and SME underwriting philosophies in order to mitigate risk, improve profitability and maintain a competitive edge.
To act as pricing lead on cross functional projects and manage relationships with IT and the Portfolio Change teams.
Responsibilities as our Pricing & Underwriting Governance Manager include:
- Understand the practical implications of various pricing strategies and proactively feed these into pricing recommendations
- Drive new pricing strategies through the appropriate Change Clusters
- Lead the implementation of pricing decisions, including systems testing, and highlight and address any anomalies arising from the recommended pricing basis
- Assist with the implementation of more dynamic pricing models and strategies
- Ensure appropriate implementation of Sales and Marketing initiatives, ensuring appropriate frameworks, controls and monitoring are in place
- Develop and maintain Individual and SME commercial underwriting philosophies across all markets
- Ensure underwriting systems accurately reflect the philosophies, and recommend / implement system changes where appropriate
- Carry out Large Corporate underwriting QA and Large Corporate and SME testing to assess adherence to philosophy
- Technical referrals and sign offs where appropriate in line with Underwriting Licences
- Document and review key pricing and underwriting process risks, recommending controls and regularly asses the effectiveness of these controls
Skills and Experience required of our Pricing & Underwriting Governance Manager:
- Experience in the PMI market in the UK
- In depth understanding of market underwriting and pricing practices
- Graduate or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Maths / Statistics (A level)
- Insurance industry professional qualifications (e.g. CII)
- Experience of managing multiple priorities to strict deadlines
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of managing pricing implementation projects
- Knowledge of relevant UK legislation and regulation
Working for Vitality as our Pricing & Underwriting Governance Manager you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best. We think work should be fun and sociable, and we want our people to get the most out of every day.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th May 2019
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Pricing & Underwriting Governance Manager please click ‘apply’ today.
Date added: 17/04/2019
Applications Until: 29/05/2019
Location: Bournemouth, Great Britain
Structure: contract, full time Up to 40 hours
Package: GBP £negotiable
Tips for Interviewing for this Position:
Advice for those looking for employment:
"Read a paper or relevant blog that concentrates on the area you're looking for a role in. This will make sure that you're relevant on updates in the market and will also be useful in an interview and tells the company that you are serious."