Detail about this full time temporary job in Norwich placed by Interaction Recruitment with last applications by March 14th '19
Location: Norwich, UK
Type of Employment:temporary, full time ~37 hours
Salary Amount: GBP £30303
Description: Uploaded by Interaction Recruitment -
Our reputable client is a leading soft drinks company with operations across the UK, Europe, USA and Asia. They currently have a temporary position available for a skilled Food Safety Microbiological Specialist until autumn 2019 for their Norwich site (NR1) through Interaction Recruitment Ltd.
About the Role:
· To provide the Site Operational Teams with the microbiological results of the raw material and finished goods testing to ensure product integrity and protect the consumer.
· Work collaboratively with shift operations teams to embed processes and standards relating to hygiene
Run the microbiological laboratory and ensure laboratory is operating to standard.
Gather, trend and interpret data from the results of the micro testing.
Identify and action opportunities for improvements within laboratory and Quality management systems and develop a continuous improvement culture
Schedule and carry out internal auditing, monitoring and verification activities to ensure effectiveness of management systems
Maintain the Quality management systems and policies in order to retain relevant external and internal audit standards.
Contribute to the development of the Quality and Environment plans.
Support the management of food safety (HACCP)on site to drive continuous improvement to site Hygiene standards with a food safety and micro bias.
Build effective partnerships with regulatory bodies and government agencies
Develop, implement and maintain training packages to raise Quality and Microbiological awareness and capability within specialism
Study, identify and resolve by means of hygiene assessments any microbiological problem areas at all sites so that product integrity and company hygiene standards are maintained.
Develop and implement communication systems to ensure optimum awareness across the site of Hygiene, Micro and Food Safety standards
Provide data, support and advice to the Site Operations Teams to improve decision making regarding quality and food safety issues
Lead the internal food safety review calendar for all change activities relating to product pack and process.
Evaluating food safety risks and implementing best practice improvements through continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
· In depth knowledge and experience in quality, food safety, microbiology; preferably in an FMCG environment with a good knowledge of production processes and packaging
· Previous experience of working in a specialist microbiological analytical lab
· Knowledge of risk assessment tools and systems implementation
· Knowledge of all relevant areas of legislation (food safety, quality, water, health & safety and microbiology)
· Excellent understanding of Food Defence is desirable
· NVQ level education or similar
· Knowledge of HACCP principles
· Intermediate Food Hygiene
If you are interested in this role, please apply.
Posted on: 14/02/2019
Listed to: 14/03/2019
More Norwich Positions: