Listed by Bright Horizons
Location: Stoke Newington, Great Britain
Employment Details:permanent, full time standard full time hours
Yearly Salary: GBP £25000
Description: Listed by Bright Horizons -
Bright Horizons are excited to announce that we have a brand new nursery opening in Stoke Newington, North-West London, and we're looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a brand new nursery and help to build a new setting from the ground up.
The nursery is currently being built and we're aiming to open the doors in March. It will be a 2 storey, 92 place setting with a play area and a first floor roof terrace. The nearest railway station is just 0.25 miles away with access to Liverpool Street and central London.
As a Deputy Manager working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Your role as Deputy Manager will include;
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
- Overseeing the smooth running of the nursery
- Leading the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery
- Supporting the Nursery Manager with Office based duties including finances, new enquiries, marketing and recruitment
- Support staff retention and team building through effective communication
- Spend time role modelling within the staff teams to reflect on practice and improve the quality of care and education
- Support the Nursery Manager to conduct yearly performance appraisals establishing training and development needs including supervisions and regular one to ones
- Demonstrate the HEART principles in everyday working life
- Work with the Nursery Manager, Regional Director, external agencies and BHFS support teams collaboratively
- Always considering a BOLD customer proposition and offering unique experiences for our parents and children to achieve parent retention
- Support the promotion of parent partnership by playing an active part in the parent advisory committee to facilitate communication, share information, and allow parent input
- Establish an open forum for communication with staff and parents and respond to any feedback, addressing any issues
- Actively promote and support charities including The Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and act as a designated person for safeguarding children in the absence of the Nursery Manager
- Encourage an action learning environment to develop an open thought process where all ideas are valued
We offer an extensive benefits package which includes:
- Over 800 offers for high street discounts with popular retailers to include cinemas, restaurants and theme parks.
- Employee appreciation month with treats/meals for the team.
- External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss (debt etc.).
- Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development.
- Excellent career opportunities in a huge organisation
If you have experience working as a Nursery Manager, Assistant Manager or Deputy Manager and you're interested in learning a bit more about this role please apply using the link below.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Date listed: 14/02/2019
Listed Until: 14/03/2019
Tips for Interviewing for this Job Role:
Suggestions for those looking for employment:
"Proofread! When you are proofreading your CV, have one or two other people read it also before you show it to a potential employer. Sometimes when you work on something for a long time your brain can automatically make changes and correct what you are reading without you even realising it. Spell check is not infallible and cannot discern between words like wood and would for example."
Key things for this position:
Jobs on other Boards:
Interview Questions - Practice These: