Description: Uploaded by Scout Recruiting Ltd -
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to work within their Data Warehouse Team. If you are an Analyst with strong general SQL skills coupled with Excel this could be just the right opportunity for you.
This is not a standalone role, you would work with other members of the team to manage data within the Data Warehouse (DWH,) to deliver data solutions from this area of the business to other members of the data team and external clients.
- Maintain and improve the quality of data from the DWH, ensuring output is automated wherever possible. Integrity and robustness of data output is essential
- Produce accurate data quickly on request to members of the team for ad hoc queries
- Produce annotated queries for use by other team members
- Automate regular queries to external customers (retailers, suppliers and industry bodies)
- Maintain the integrity of data within the DWH (monitor and resolve data gaps)
- Provide visibility of data within large datasets (data sets are regularly several million rows) using Tableau, Power BI or similar tools
- Document resource management and processes and keep this documentation up to date
- Comply with internal and external standards (including GDPR)
- Manage priorities to maximise output
- Contribute to maintaining the quality of the data within the Data Warehouse and build up data sense checks and accuracy checks to validate the information within the specific projects you are working on.
- Logging any data issues, actions and outcomes. Also, ensuring data flow documentation is kept up to date.
- Contribute to the creation of internal templates for projects - detailing processes and objectives. These should cover the overall plan, the detailed process and the output
- Strong, confident verbal and nonverbal communicator
- Comfortable liaising with clients as well as internal staff.
- Passionate about data, with a detail focused clinical mind - able to analyse, organise and provide insights about our data
- Motivated and organised individual with a structured reliable approach to fulfilling client’s data needs
- Strong work ethic able to work on own initiative whilst obtaining support from colleagues when needed from time to time
- Able to understand client’s needs and interpret requirements which on occasion may result in recommending alternative solutions from the original request
- Able to appreciate the client’s perspective in terms of understanding how data supplied will be used
- To be a key player in the increasingly important field of data sales within the company
- Strong general SQL skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Any DBA
- Scripting language knowledge
- Previous experience analysing large data sets
This is a great opportunity for somebody who can demonstrate the skills outlined and wants to work for a stable and expanding company. Along with a competitive salary the company offers excellent non salaried benefits as well. The role is Monday to Friday 9-5 and short listing is immediate. If you come from an Analyst/Analyse Data Analyst Data Production Engineer and live in the Stamford, Bourne, Market Deeping, Peterborough, Oundle, Grantham area then please apply.
Posted on: 16/03/2019
Applications Until: 27/04/2019