Here's more info about this full time permanent job role in Newcastle Upon Tyne placed by Certes ending on 28th March 2019
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Type of Employment:permanent, full time ~37 hours
Salary Amount: GBP £24000
Description: Uploaded by Certes - A leading provider in the UK are seeking a 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst to provide their staff with world class IT support across their entire infrastructure.
* To log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation.
* To provide technical support; answering support queries either on-site, via phone or email
* To monitor systems for events and react to prevent service incidents or outages
* To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
* To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
* Respond to enquiries from colleagues and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
* Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected via monitoring
* Order and maintain a record of any hardware requests that are put through the desk
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure that any hardware or software ordering carried out is received within SLA
* Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
* To work flexibly as individuals and as part of a team to ensure we hit the objectives, set KPIs and service desk standards
* More complex work will be passed on from 1st line, and will then be your responsibility to resolve or pass on further to local IT teams
* To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
Specialist Knowledge and Skills
* Microsoft desktop technologies (MS Office etc)
* Server technologies such as Active Directory, ISS
* Network components such as routers, VoIP
* Experience/exposure of proving a high degree of customer service
* Extensive experience of working within a busy support environment with a min of 12 months experience
* Strong interpersonal skills, including telephony skills, active listening and customer care.
* Experience in supporting multiple technologies within a mixed support environment
The client is offering a competitive salary up to £27k and offer a variety of attractive company benefits.
If you are looking to be part of a friendly, energetic company in Newcastle then please click the 'apply now' function or alternatively please contact Holly.
Certes Computing (and all of its subsidiary companies) is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its business operations.
Posted on: 14/02/2019
Listed Until: 28/03/2019
Job Hunting Tips:
"Say it clearly. When you are sending out CVs, catch the prospective employer’s attention with a brief and concise cover letter that spells out clearly how your qualifications match the job requirements.Connect the dots for the reader, making it obvious why you’re the perfect candidate for the job."
External Newcastle Upon Tyne Job Vacancies: